Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Back from Psychosis.

This is my first entry for a while. I have had a bit of a nightmare just recently. To cut a long story short I became rapidly and floridly unwell, and was admitted, for the first time to an adult acute ward. Two weeks previously I had been in charge of one.
The lunatic had been running the asylum.
Whilst I was hospitalised, narrowly avoiding being sectioned, I kept a diary. This diary was, at the time the most important item I owned because by writing in it, and being able to read the words back to myself, I knew I was still alive. I also wanted evidence for my daughters, my husband, family and friends that if I died, it was not out of any desire to leave them and that if I was dead, it may appear to be of my own hand -but it wasn't -it was forced.
Really weird reading that back now.

I'm not sure how the best way of writing this will work. Whether to write it in real time, as if I was entering the events, thoughts and feelings on the actual days they occured, or by bringing them into current time. The only thing I am sure of, is that I will write it, word for word, how I wrote it whilst in hospital. So here we go.

1 comment:

Chipmunky said...

Hi and thanks for sharing your experience so publicly. As another madness author I also know the importance to validate your experience and the wish for those you love to understand what was going on for you.